Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Wedding Music that doesn't SUCK

A.K.A. - Disappointing online wedding song lists.

GAH! So, as usual, I am a list maker, and of course, I love others' lists.
And I google EVERYTHING. This is not an exaggeration.

The lists of wedding music and ideas, is sad at best. I was sorely disappointed in the lack of variety, and the lists reminded me of music I've heard at every 80's wedding I ever went to.

If I have to hear --"If a picture paints a thousand words, then why can't I paint you..." I'm going to go nutty.

So, with my elaborate musical vocabulary, I have come up with some WONDERFUL and not DATED wedding music. (to be continually added to)

Cake - Love you madly
Ani Difranco - Wishin and hopin
Cake - Never gonna give you up (Barry White Cover)
Jason Mraz - Lucky (our song!!)
Rascal Flatts - Bless the broken road (yes, I know that's a country band)
Shania Twain - Forever and for always (dear GOD it's two in a row!)
Barry Louis Polisar - All I Want Is You
Jo Stafford - You Belong to Me
Wilco - On and on and on
Harry Connick Jr - A Wink and a smile
Dick Dale and the Deltones - Misirlou
Sufjan Stevens - That dress looks nice on you
Iron and Wine - love and some verses
Chuck Berry - Cest la vie
Sigur Ros - Hoppipolla
Amy Winehouse - Will you still love me tomorrow
Tori Amos - Lovesong
Michael Bublé - The way you look tonight
Etta James - At Last
Phantom of the Opera - All I ask of you
Andrea Bocelli - Besame Mucho
Andrea Bocelli and Katherine McPhee - Can't help falling in love with you (Elvis Cover)
Miriam Stockley - Kissing in the Rain

+++
Gabe told me today they will probably play:
Wagon Wheel
Woooooot!

Here's a couple links to the Ode to Joy versions I like:
Lisa Mount - Ode to Joy on Banjo
Longneck Banjo - Ode to Joy
and in no way am I asking for this, but thought you might enjoy:
crazy ode to joy
and this is just ridiculous:
Ode to joy played on wine glasses

No comments:

Post a Comment