Wednesday, April 6, 2011

18 days. 2 and a half weeks.

Today I'm going to Edward-Macy in Downtown Lakeland for my wedding dress fitting.

Last night I looked at the calendar and noticed the wedding is 2 1/2 weeks away, and I'm starting to freak out a little. Not because I'm getting married, or getting cold feet. Not because my life (and my last name) is about to change. I'll be filing taxes for two next year. Status is no longer "single." In 18 days, I will have a husband instead of a boyfriend. (aside: I feel funny using the word fiancé, I don't know why, it's just a word.) I'll be changing my Social Security Card, Drivers License, and email to say Percy instead of Gilpin. I'll be getting 2 step-children.

None of these things even phase my countenance. I'm thrilled and overjoyed that I'm marrying the man of my dreams. It's the party planner in me that's freaking out.

I laid awake in bed thinking "2 1/2 weeks...2 1/2 weeks!" I've checked off so many things on my To Do list, but there's still so much to do, not to mention working 5 days and 3 nights a week. There are things I HAVE to do, and items on the list that can be moved a little lower to the "optional" area of the list.

Jason offered to help yesterday, but I was getting ready for work, and didn't have time to show him all the steps that were needed. I am a bit of a control freak when it comes to making things, so I've just accepted that I gotta do it, and do it quickly.

At least he's got nice shoes.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to have a videographer put this on youtube since I wasn't invited to the wedding, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete